Latest Exhibitions

The Big 5 2010

  

November 22-25 2010, Dubai

International Building & Construction Show 

The Gulf Region, located between Europe and the Indian sub-continent remains a strategically important area of the world with over 65% of the world’s oil reserves. Dubai is the established trading hub for this lucrative market - where solutions are sourced and re-exported for these large scale infrastructure development projects happening across the region. 

The Big 5 is the largest exhibition in the MENA region and attracts nearly 3 times the number of buyers than the next biggest event. It covers a huge range of products and services including:

  • Facility Services: Communications, Electrical Systems, Fire Suppression & protection, HVAC Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning,Plumbing, Water Technology, Safety & Security Equipment
  • Facility Construction: Conveying Systems, Concrete, Finishes, Marble, Ceramic,Metals, Glass, Openings, Special Construction (Aquariums,swimming pools, fountains, ice rinks etc), Thermal &Moisture Protection, Wood, Plastics & Ceramics
  • Site & Infrastructure: Earth work, Exterior improvements, Civil / Mechanical, Utilities, Transportation
  • Plant Equipment, Machinery & Vehicles: Material Processing & Handling, Process Heating, Cooling& Drying, Process Gas & Liquid Handling, Purification, Storage, Pollution Control, Electrical Power Generation,Site Clearing, Demolition and Relocation

81% of visitors are likely to conduct business with an exhibitor at the show as a result of their visit and 80% are planning to place orders at a later date.

Figures don’t lie, The Big 5 is simply a chance not to be missed. You don’t need to spend your marketing budget on any other event because exhibiting at Big 5 gives you access to all the region’s buyers. Average exhibitor sales to The Big 5 2009 visitors was $701,151 at the show and $1,151,075 after the show. 90% of all visitors to The Big 5 2009 had purchasing responsibility or can influence purchasing decisions

Why Visit

3,000 Exhibitors, 71 Countries, 16 Halls, 1 Outstanding Event!

As the largest event of it’s kind in the Middle East. The Big 5 provides an unrivalled platform for architects, engineers, contractors and developers from the public and private sectors to network, source and specify the latest building and construction products and services.

Featuring National Pavilions from all major exporting countries of the world. The Big 5 provides the most comprehensive product offering for the building and construction industry.

The Big 5 will also be bringing together an impressive line-up of added value elements including a Key Buyers Programme, Supplier Seminars, a Conference Programme, Certified Training Courses, Constructino Leaders Briefing and the acclaimed Gaia Awards.

Facts of Big 5 2009

Dedicated Audience

During the 4 days of the show 45,177 trade visitors attended The Big 5 2009, illustrating the event’s continuedimportance to the region and an unprecedented chievement in the current climate.

Targeted Markets

The Big 5 offered the first opportunity for the building and construction industry to gather in force following theglobal downturn of 2008 – to reflect on the past and more mportantly to draw plans for the future. Attracting visitorsfrom all core regional markets, The Big 5 is one of the world’s largest building and construction events.Visitors from over 120 countries attended the 2009 event, illustrating the international appeal and global relevance of the show. 43% of visitors were first time buyers andspecifiers to The Big 5 with the remaining 57% of visitors having attended at least twice before.

Buoyant Industry

The Big 5 has the enviable reputation of being the Middle East and North Africa’s most successful buildingand construction event, with 81% of visitors likely to conduct business with contacts met at the show and80% intending to appoint a new supplier as a result of visiting.

Clear Return on Investment

Building and construction projects are continuing in the region with 90% of visitors rating the GCC market asimportant to their business. An outstanding 97% of visitors said they will attend the nextBig 5 and 80% are planning to place orders at a later date.

Satisfying Expectation

96% of exhibitors said The Big 5 was important to their sales and marketing success in the region with 84% ofexhibitors saying that The Big 5 delivers the right type of buyers and specifiers.

Industry Leading

The Big 5 2009 featured many unique featuresdesigned to share invaluable industry knowledge and inform visitors of the latest trends and innovations.90% of visitors said that The Big 5 is the place to keep up with market trends with a further 91% saying that it’s the place to keep up to date with new products and innovations.

Source: Big5